Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Just in time for Valentine's Day these little bites of heaven are sure to please.
An easy no-bake recipe combining simple ingredients make this sweet treat a no brainer for your sweet tooth.
Warning: try not to eat the whole batch in one sitting. A special dessert to be shared.
Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
adapted from Oh She Glows
For the base:
3/4 cup of almonds (processed into a flour) or almond meal
1/4 cup of rolled oats (ground into oat flour)
2 tablespoons of almond butter
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup (*add 1 more tablespoon if you like it sweeter)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of sea salt
For the chocolate topping:
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1. Add almonds and oatmeal to a high speed blender or food processor and grind into a flour. Or purchase them separately, almond meal and oat flour.
2. In a medium mixing bowl add almond meal, oat flour, almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. Stir until thouroughly combined. The dough should be sticky, like a cookie dough.
3. Portion dough into mini muffin tin lined with paper liners. Press dough down until smooth and even.
4. Chocolate sauce: In a separate small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder and salt until smooth. Spoon sauce over each cup and spread evenly.
5. Place cups in freezer, on a flat surface for 25-30 minutes, until firm. Can be eaten right out of the freezer...yum, or kept in the fridge for later. Enjoy!
Sending you all love and light for a truly happy Valentine's day.
peanut butter cup
no bake dessert