I know...me too. Let's start this week off with some simple tips to keep you on track and motivated to pack up something healthy.
Taking small steps to healthy choices will get the ball rolling and will make you feel good about yourself. Here we go....
1. Start off with a reuseable grocery bag, something that can fold up at the end of the day and you can easily carry with you.
2. Think Fruit. If the idea of making an entire lunch overwhelms you, it's OK. Start off packing up whole foods snacks like fruits and nuts.
3. Once you get used to doing that step everyday, gradually add in more. Maybe chopped up vegetable sticks with pre-portioned out small hummus cups. Fun and easy to throw into the bag in the morning.
4. Wraps. Not in the mood for a big salad? Wrap up raw vegetables and avocado or hummus into a wrap. It's an easy way to increase your veggies and eat something fun and portable.
5. Water. Always carry your water bottle with you and drink as much as you can. This will help you flush out toxins from your body and make your organs work better. Stay hydrated.
6. Tea bags. An easy thing to throw into your lunch and have at your desk instead of running out to Starbucks. Something warm and flavorful to have at the end of a meal while you get back to your desk and plug away the afternoon.
7. Treats. I always like to make a batch of nut balls to have in between meals or at the end of lunch. Two mini nut balls feel like dessert and are packed with fiber and real food ingredients. The best part is knowing I made them, unlike the pre packaged sugary granola bars. Check out my recipe page for some inspiration.
8. Office Pot Luck. Encourage your co-workers to share a healthy lunch ideas and create an office pot luck. It's always nice to learn from others and get some new ideas and recipes.
9. Letfovers. No thought required. An easy way to finish up what is in your fridge and save money. Pre-cooked quinoa or lentils are an easy way to bulk up a salad and use what you have. Also soups, chilis and other grain/bean salads travel well.
10. Habits. Eating well takes work. Be patient, give yourself time to form lasting healthy habits slowly over time. Starting off by packing real food snacks is a beautiful way to begin. Working your way up to an entire packed lunch.
Hope these tips help you stay on track. Wishing you all a happy, healthy week.